Gérant immobilier / professionnel
Evolve Vacation Rental
- anglais, français, allemand, espagnol
Salle(s) de bain
Dispositifs de sécurité
Type de destination
Équipements de loisirs
Piscine / Spa
Adaptée aux enfants
Occupants maximums: 15
Âge minimum du vacancier principal: 25
Les réservations annulées ne seront pas remboursées.
Dommages et frais accessoires
Vous pourrez être tenu responsable en cas de dommages causés à la location de vacances durant votre séjour.
Our stay at the beautiful Rupert Villa over the New Year holidays was wonderful. The owner was prompt to respond to any questions or requests. The house has losts of character and decorated with rustic charm and filled with history, art and beautiful objects. It made our New Year holidays magical and would love to return!
This Place Is A Disaster
My wife and I recently rented your Rupert, VA home for a weekend with our family. The pictures that you posted convinced us that the home would be perfect in every way.
Unfortunately, when we arrived it was a different story. All of us – eight adults and six grandchildren – were shocked at the condition of the home and realized that some time must have passed since those original photos were posted. We found the interior of the home in such deplorable shape:
• A cooler of rotted, maggoty, steaks greeted us as we entered the kitchen. Gagging over the putrid stench it created, our oldest grandson had to drag it outside as we tried not to vomit. How did your cleaning crew miss that one?
• The dishwasher didn’t work, which was a major inconvenience with 14 people staying there. How long does it take to fix or replace a dishwasher?
• When we attempted to make coffee we found the glass carafe for the coffee maker had a hole in the bottom of it. Thankfully there was large coffee urn we were able to use.
• The potable water smelled of sulphur. We were told to let it run and the smell would dissipate. After the days of use by 14 people, it still smelled like sulfur.
• There were dead flies on the kitchen window ledges.
• There were live mice scurrying about and their droppings found in the kitchen drawers and living room, and likely in the other rooms as well.
• We found petrified dog poo in the living room. When my daughter removed it and washed the area, she found more under the area rug, as well.
• The large TV was not hooked up to the cable.
• Unfortunately, the central heat isn’t turned on until November, and it took two days of constantly feeding the fireplaces with wood (which we purchased) to get rid of the bone chilling atmosphere. When we found the three well-hidden space heaters, the breakers flipped off.
• The bathtub and toilet on the main floor were in a deplorable state and need replacing, and the floor under the toilet was about to cave in as the floor is likely rotted. The baseboard heating units are filthy, broken and hanging off the walls.
• There are no locks on the bathroom doors, and the door to a tiny bathroom off the main floor bedroom is broken and literally will not shut.
The owner has not taken any ownership for these issues; thankfully Evolve Vacation Rental, have been great to work with and refunded us any profit they made on this listing. They should delist this property from their offering.
While we always welcome and appreciate feedback, we and the homeowner believe that this rating is unwarranted. The home is regularly maintained and cleaned, including before and after each guest's stay, and we have no verification of these cleanliness issues. The dishwasher was removed from the list of amenities and has been physically removed since your stay, although we apologize if this caught you off guard. The property is regularly serviced for pests, as well as having an electronic perimeter system that prevents forest critters from entering the property. Dogs were not present on the property before your arrival, and we believe the cleanliness issue to be due to the animals your party brought that went against policy. There are several TVs in the home- all of which are connected to dish network- except for one in the kitchen that operates off of a smart TV Amazon Firestick. We wish you would have reached out during your stay if you experienced difficulty operating the TV- the host is always happy to help! The central heat was not turned on yet due to seasonality, and this was explained beforehand in the listing description; the owner also provides blankets and space heaters in this instance. We are confident that these issues won't occur for future guests, and that this property will continue to host many satisfied guests! Best, the Evolve Team
A lovely escape
A beautiful home, a well equipped kitchen, and lovely grounds made my and my family's trip delightful.
We hope to return and recommend this property highly.
Good and Bad
The Good: Great locale, charming home, well appointed kitchen, pool, space for lawn games. The Bad: Though the property was advertised with air conditioning (one of our main requests) there was none. 2nd floor bedrooms were hot at night (early July). Had to go out and buy fans. Two of our family have allergies and having to keep windows open for ventilation kept them coughing and sneezing. Opened the dishwasher the first evening after a meal for 7 adults and 2 children to find dirty water lying in the bottom and the dishwasher non functioning. Contacted owner about both ac and dishwasher but neither situation was ever remedied. Evolve, the agency that handled the booking through VRBO was not a strong advocate on our behalf for a reasonable rebate. We will not book through them again. Owner was charming and polite but nonchalant about each of these problems, never offering to fix them during our stay. I am not sure what recourse one really has when a property is not as advertised, especially when it involves a key factor you used in choosing the property. The full amount had been prepaid. Some traveled from GA & TN for the week. We were not alerted beforehand by the owner and given the opportunity to cancel or accept it “as is” at a reduced rate. We came away quite discouraged by the lack of protection for the renter in such a situation. Not sure we will use VRBO in the future.
Hi Roy, We were very sorry to hear that your stay fell short of expectations. While central A/C is not available since the house was built in 1856, the homeowner usually provides two A/C units for the guests during the hottest part of the year. We are sorry that these were not available when an unexpected heatwave hit during part of your stay, and we appreciate your patience as our team and the owner worked to provide a resolution. The owner has had multiple repairs done on the dishwasher, but due to ongoing issues, they have removed it from the listing to avoid disappointing their upcoming guests. We hope that the additional measures taken by Evolve compensated for some of your experience, and we would love the opportunity to travel with you again the next time that you book a vacation rental! Best, the Evolve Team
Quirky old house, great for a large group!
We stayed here for a few days with 9 adults and 6 kids and it worked out perfectly. The house is decorated with great style and we loved the wood burning stoves and fireplace. Although it was too cold for the pool it seems like a great place to be in the warmer months.
My only complaint was that I wish I had been warned that the heat would not be turned on during our stay. We were fine with space heaters and the fireplace but it was damp and chilly when we arrived and some of us didn't bring enough warm clothes. In addition, the water definitely smells like sulfur. If you're a laid back traveler more interested in a cool experience than the luxuries of a more modern place, this house is for you.....but if you are picky this might not be the place for you!