Gérant immobilier / professionnel
Salle(s) de bain
Les réservations annulées au moins 60 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100%.
Mid-Summer short stay
We were in town for a waterskiing event. The house was clean and mostly well-represented in the listing (I didn't realize that there were bedrooms in the basement). We had 8 people there but still didn't get access to the 3rd bathroom in the basement. Not sure why, but didn't bother to raise questions about it during our stay. The house is a 1980's time capsule, but clean.
There are LOTS of decorations all over the house. So much so that you are tripping over stuff. Personal preference, maybe. Most rental properties utilize the "less is more" philosophy when decorating.
It was rather warm outside during our stay; the A/C was on. The second floor was so stuffy and hot and the owner specifically noted that the settings for the A/C not be lowered from where they were set. I tried to use the ceiling fan in the second floor B/R and the thing was so wobbly and loud that we just suffered in the heat. The ceiling fan in the L/R was the same way. There is probably a 15 degree difference from second floor to basement.
Overall we were mostly satisfied. We will be there again later this summer for another short stay. I just hope we can find a better way to manage the air flow to the second floor. It would be great to be back to find some new ceiling fans that were efficient and quiet (and not so wobbly).
Don't let my criticisms shadow the fact that the house is well-equipped and CLEAN. It is on a quiet street in a good location (at least for us). We will go back.
Clean and Comfortable, but dated.
The property was clean and comfortable, but needs major updating. The decor reminded us of Grandma's 1980s country kitsch style. The house had a little bit of stale odor, especially the downstairs accomadations. Internet Wi-Fi worked sporadically and tall weeds in the landscaping around the house.
Black River Falls 6/16-19
We enjoyed our time in the home. It was perfect for our family. I think it should be plainly stated on the fee structure how much will be charged by number of people and rooms along with any additional fees that would be added. I’ve personally never stayed somewhere where rooms were locked depending on number of guests. Earlier reviews were a little harsh about one shower and decorations but it was fine. It was quiet and comfortable. The owner was quick to respond to our requests.
It does state in the listing description how many rooms you will get based on the number of guests staying. If there would be an easier way for guests to view this please message me personally so I can work on this!
Glad you enjoyed your stay!!
Lovely home and highly recommend! Very accommodating, clean and extremely comfortable. The home is stocked well with the necessary items for your stay. Property owner is pleasant and is quick to respond if any questions. Enjoy your stay as we had.
So happy you had a great stay!
Its just ok
Ants in master bathroom, to much elephant and flowers decor and couldn't make DVD player work. But area is quite and house was warm with plenty of cooking and shower towels.
I was not aware there were any sort of bugs in the home. I will do my best to solve this issue. We are available to help with any issues, such as DVD player not working, just call or message me! We do our best to make our guests comfortable :)
Cozy, cute, charming
Perfect little home away from home, with the good and the bad
1. comfortable, and clean
2. the owners/managers are very nice and helpful. When we had any issue, they were right on it.
3. Perfect location for our visit - we have family that lives in Brockway and BRF.
4. Beds are very comfortable, but needs new pillows
5. Plenty of hot water for 4 adults to shower every day :)
6. Was wonderful to have washer/dryer in the home for our 8 day stay!
7. If you like to sleep 'cold', request the basement bedroom. Being from Alaska, it was nice to sleep in an area of 65 degrees (or below) vs. the upstairs where the temp was too warm for us. There is a half bath downstairs, which suited us fine.
1. States this place sleeps 11, but only dishes for 6 people. When we had family over for dinner, we had to use paper plates and plastic utensils
2. The dining room table is GLASS, and NOT secure. When my 8 year old nephew leaned on it during a card game, the table top and contents fell onto the floor
3. The main floor shower stall is SMALL. It was a tight squeeze for me to shower, and I am 5'5" 135 lbs!
4. The home has way too many knick/knacks and decorations. If you have small children along, or planning to visit, you will have to hide A LOT of stuff (we put all the 'stuff' in the empty pantry cabinet)
5. There are not enough pots and pans to plan any sort of FAMILY meal.
6. The bedroom on the main floor - the window does NOT close all the way. It appears when the windows were remodeled, this window was ordered 1/4 inch to short -- if you tried to close it on the bottom, the gap was on top!
Now that we 'know' this place, and know what to expect, we will plan our next visit accordingly (like bring my own hand mixer, and cheese grater, and baking pans).
We will definitely stay here again!
It really was a good fit for our family.
Thank you again!!
We try to make the house "homey" with decorations, unfortunately not all guests may like them but others do! :) We have added plenty more dishes, utensils, cooking pans, etc for the kitchen. We appreciate suggestions so we know what we need to add to the home for other guests! :)